|Bonnie May McCullough|
- "Just when I thought everything is going to be all right, just when I thought it's all going to work out after all. It's going to be the way it was supposed to be. We were supposed to go to college together, and then we were supposed to come back here to Fell's Church. Back home. We had it all planned out - since kindergarten, practically - and now Elena's human again, and I thought that meant that everything was going to go back to the way it was supposed to be. And it's never going to be the same again, ever, is it?"
- —Bonnie McCullough[src]
Bonnie May McCullough (b. September, 1996) was the psychic daughter of Colin and Ailsa McCullough (née Lachlan), and younger sister to Sheena, Janet, Elspie and Mary. Her grandmother predicted that her powers were stronger than that of any of her maternal ancestors, and the addition of her father's family's own ancestry made her especially powerful. She was raised in Fell's Church, Virginia, and befriended Caroline Forbes, Elena Gilbert, Meredith Sulez and Matt Honeycutt, all of whom she remained friends with through high school at Robert E. Lee, though Caroline drifted somewhat.
In 2013, Bonnie entered her first trance, unknowingly being possessed by Honoria Fell. Her awakened powers proved useful in saving Stefan Salvatore from a well on the Francher property, as well as in the group's search for and fight against the "Other Power" in the town. Bonnie was offered the chance by Honoria Fell to be stripped of her powers, but she decided to keep them and refused the offer, which proved useful after Klaus arrived in Fell's Church. After Klaus's death, Bonnie helped in the fight against Shinichi and Misao and their mistress, Inari, and briefly became a slave in the Dark Dimension. A deal with the Celestial Court led to these supernatural events being effectively erased, aside from in the group's memories. Bonnie enrolled at Dalcrest College, where she began a romantic relationship with Zander.
Bonnie was born on September 11 or September 18, 1996 as the fifth daughter of Colin and Ailsa McCullough. As their youngest daughter, she inherited the psychic powers passed down through both the McCullough and MacLachlan families. She was raised in the McCullough household in Fell's Church, Virginia with her elder sisters; Sheena, Janet, Elspie and Mary.
Bonnie befriended Caroline, the daughter of Ailsa's friend Mrs. Forbes. She also formed friendships with Elena Gilbert, Matt Honeycutt and Meredith Sulez at kindergarten, and would later talk about how they had planned their lives out since meeting there.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- Matt & Elena: First Date
- Matt & Elena: Tenth Date: On Wickery Pond
- The Awakening (First appearance)
- After Hours
- The Struggle
- The Fury
- Dark Reunion
- The Return: Nightfall
- Elena's Christmas
- The Return: Shadow Souls
- The Return: Midnight
- The Hunters: Phantom
- The Hunters: Moonsong
- The Hunters: Destiny Rising
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 In An Untold Tale: After Hours, Bonnie tells Damon that she celebrated her birthday two days before the night on which the story takes place on, which is a Thursday in September. Although in The Awakening a crow watches Stefan feeding on September 4, After Hours shows Damon's arrival and tells us that school has already begun. Meredith and Elena stayed at Bonnie's house on Thursday 6 September, and Bonnie's unfamiliarity with Stefan in After Hours implies that it takes place during the short period that Elena neglected to write in her diary. This would mean that After Hours occurred on September 13 or September 20, making Bonnie's birthday (two days before) September 11 or September 18.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Bonnie says that she turned seventeen in 2013 in An Untold Story: After Hours, making her year of birth 1996.
- ↑ "Bonnie hadn't grown at all, and her curly red head barely came up to Elena's chin as she flung her arms around Elena." (The Awakening - Chapter 2)
- ↑ "[...] Bonnie said, looking up at him as soulfully as she could through her brown eyes. (An Untold Tale: After Hours)
- ↑ Evensong: Paradise Lost
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 MacLachlan: And you have the Sight, my girl. Far more so than any MacLachlan before you. Add to that talents of the McCulloughs, and--- (An Untold Tale: After Hours)
- ↑ See this image; a section of an email sent by L.J. Smith.
- ↑ Bonnie: We had it all planned out - since kindergarten, practically [...] (The Return: Nightfall - Chapter 9)