Joe (d. autumn 2010) was the great-uncle of Matt Honeycutt. He once went ice-fishing in Alaska, where he fell into the ice cold water and managed to survive thanks to a passage he remembered from a book. He had three wives, none of whom he could keep ahold of.
A heavy drinker and a smoker, he developed terminal cancer. On his deathbed in autumn 2010, in a hospital, he handed Matt a $100 bill, telling him to save it for "a special occasion". He died due to lack of oxygen shortly after.
Behind the scenesEdit
- It is possible that Joe was the brother of either Matt's grandfather or grandmother who lived on a farm.
- Matt & Elena: First Date (Mentioned only)
- Matt & Elena: Tenth Date: On Wickery Pond (Mentioned only)
- Evensong: Paradise Lost (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "That had been exactly two years and two days ago. Exactly two years ago today, Uncle Joe had died." (Matt & Elena: First Date)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "Since good old Uncle Joe hadn't been able to hang on to even one of his three wives, Matt had decided that this was a bad fantasy and tried very hard not to listen to Uncle Joe's whiskey-and tobacco-hoarse voice." (Matt & Elena: Tenth Date: On Wickery Pond)
- ↑ Joe: That time I went ice-fishing in Alaska, y'know. Well, first, I read this Book. [...] Look for the light, get it, kiddo? And I looked and durned if I wasn't backasswards. (Matt & Elena: Tenth Date: On Wickery Pond)
- ↑ "He had so little time after they found the cancer—it had spread so far..." (Matt & Elena: Tenth Date: On Wickery Pond)